LGBTIQA+ Greens Pledge
The Green Party is electing members of the Green Party Executive. The deadline to vote is 31/08/2021. Make sure your voice is heard.
We asked candidates standing in the upcoming internal elections to back our set of 8 LGBTIQA+ pledges.
Candidates were given you the option of supporting or saying they don't support each pledge.
It is so important to boldly stand together as the Green Party behind LGBTIQA+ rights.
- Campaign with the LGBTIQA+ Greens to protect all LGBTIQA+ communities
- Promise to recognise non-binary identities are valid and promise to ensure they are recognised in internal processes and in wider society.
- Support a ban on so-called 'conversion therapy', including that affecting trans and ace people with no exemptions.
- Support increased LGBTIQA+ representation at all levels of government
- Support gender-affirming healthcare for Trans youth
- Call for proper funding for Trans healthcare in the NHS
- Actively support increased LGBTIQA+ inclusion both within and without the party.
- Campaign against medically unnecessary surgeries on Intersex children.