LGBTIQA+ Greens Management Group Terms of Reference
Effective from LGBTIQA+ Greens AGM 13th November 2021
PDF Version available for download
The primary role of the Management Group is to provide overall coordination and strategic direction for LGBTIQA+ Greens.
Its main functions are:
- to make strategy proposals as appropriate
- to coordinate and ensure effective progression/implementation of all relevant strategy initiatives from across the party
- to review overall finance and budgets and determine priorities
- to encourage work at grass roots level and ensure that campaigners are effectively supported
- to oversee and ensure the effectiveness of activities in key areas of the LBGTIQA+ Greens work; e.g. membership support, communications (including publications), policy, campaigns, and fundraising.
- to act as a link between business meetings; reviewing previous business meeting, and setting the initial agenda and chair selection for the next
- to act as a link between LGBTIQA+ Greens and the rest of The Green Party of England & Wales
The Management Group will consist of the following roles elected on an annual basis:
- Two separately elected coordinators, of which no more than one may be a cis man
- Secretary and treasurer roles can be elected as job shares and other roles cannot.
- 5 members representatives that are gender balanced, with requirements for ethnic diversity and representation of disabled people
(1 place would be reserved for a person of colour (POC), 1 place would be reserved for a disabled person, 1 place for a trans person, 2 places would be reserved for a woman or non-binary person)